What Size Soundbar For 55 Inch TV? Top 3 Picks In 2023
We may earn affiliate fees for purchases using our links (at no additional cost to you).
Our goal is to provide you with an answer to the question “what size soundbar for 55 inch TV?” by providing information about TVs, soundbars, and home theater systems.
Despite this, we have reviewed three top soundbars that are compatible with 55 inch TVs while offering an impressive audio experience.
What Size Soundbar For 55 Inch TV?
A 55 inch TV has the original size of around 47.8 inches, thus you should have a soundbar 40 to 50 inches in size. A soundbar of a few inches larger or smaller is acceptable.
But to have the best quality of sound, the soundbar should at least cover the bottom of the TV.
Soundbar size chart for 55 inch TV
|Size Range||Width||Recommended Product|
|Minimum size||40 inch||BYL 100Watt 40 Inch Soundbar|
|Perfect size||47 inch||iLive iTB474B 47″ Bluetooth Detachable Soundbar|
|Large size||50 inch||Klipsch Bar Sound Bar+ Wireless Subwoofer|
Is It Good To Buy The Same Size Soundbar As The TV?
The intention is to purchase a soundbar that’s size matches the width of the TV.
But remember, the TV size needs to be measured crossways from one edge to the other of the screen.
So you have to find out the width of the TV to buy the right soundbar.
Though the size of the soundbar doesn’t need to be the same as the TV size, it’s better to be similar or a few inches different.
Even you can buy a bit smaller or bigger soundbar than the TV, but getting too small a soundbar won’t offer the best experience.
The main reason for buying the same size of the soundbar is to get the audio sound from the side rather than from the center.
Another important thing is a larger soundbar can create the illusion of surround sound while making a more powerful design.
How to know the compatibility of a soundbar with a TV?
In general, the compatibility of a soundbar is related to connectivity.
So the compatibility of a soundbar with a TV means seamless connectivity between the two devices and playing the sound.
Instead of considering the soundbar’s compatibility with a 55 inch TV or not, you should mostly focus on the type of connectivity you require.
For modern systems, you should pick HDMI eARC and HDMI ARC to let your TV output audio to the soundbar.
However, modern soundbar designs come with various connectivity systems, including USB inputs, optical ports, and wireless connectivity.
So, technically, you can connect any size soundbar to your 55-inch TV.
But it is largely important to get the right size soundbar to get the desired quality of sound for the TV room.
>> What screw size for tv mount?
Best 55 Inch TV Soundbar Review
1. SAMSUNG 2.1 Soundbar for 55 inch TV
- WIRELESS SUBWOOFER: Feel the subtle rumble of distant thunder and earthshattering sound as it pounds the air around you in the wireless subwoofer that boasts a frequency response (amp) of 43Hz~20kHz
- SMART SOUND TECHNOLOGY: The soundbar automatically analyzes the content and optimizes the sound setting for the best experience
- GAME MODE: Claim more glorious victories with a special setting that boosts game sound effects
- CLUTTER-FREE WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY: Bluetooth connectivity for easy wireless connections allows you to enjoy music from your mobile devices with no strings attached
- PAIRS WITH SAMSUNG TVS: Optimized to work seamlessly with Samsung TVs and deliver a superior entertainment experience
While you are wondering what size soundbar to buy for your 55 inch TV, you can reliably pick this Samsung 2.1 Soundbar.
Adding this soundbar, you will have clear tones, deep bass, and a powerful sound experience.
Despite, the soundbar’s being designed with smart sound technology to optimize the sound setting for an improved experience at a decent price.
This Samsung soundbar has an HW-R450 powerful wireless subwoofer to ensure a delicate rumble of distant thunder with earth-shattering sounds while pounding the air in the TV room.
It also boasts a frequency response of 43Hz~20 kHz.
With this special setting, the soundbar boosts the game’s sound effects to achieve more glorious victories.
With clutter-free wireless Bluetooth, this soundbar will let you enjoy music from mobile devices without strings attached and are seamlessly optimized for Samsung TVs.
- The soundbar has a game mode to boost game sound effects.
- The soundbar can be expanded into a multi-channel home theater system.
- It has a wireless Bluetooth connection.
- It can optimize the sound system for the best experience.
- The soundbar isn’t much louder.
What is the dimension of this soundbar?
It is 2.77 x 35.72 x 2.1 inches.
What comes with this soundbar?
- Optical cable
- Wallmount Kit
- The Remote Controller
- Power Adapter for Bar
2. Yamaha Audio YAS-209BL Sound Bar with Alexa Voice Control
- Easy setup with HDMI or Optical cable and automatic subwoofer connection
- Wireless subwoofer for deep bass and flexible placement. Center unit-36-5/8 × 2-1/2 × 4-1/4 inches, Subwoofer-7-1/2 × 16-1/2 × 16 inches
- Clear voice for enhanced dialogue clarity
- Alexa built-in for voice control of your sound bar, playing music, listening to news, setting alarms and timers, asking questions, controlling smart home devices, and more
- With Alexa, playing music is as simple as asking for a song, artist, or genre from Amazon music and more
- DTS Virtual: X virtual 3D surround sound
- Play music and podcasts through Spotify Connect, Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth
If you are looking for an advanced quality soundbar for your 55 inch TV, You can try this Yamaha Audio Sound Bar.
In particular, this soundbar has an Alexa Voice Control system so you can play music, listen to the news, ask questions controlled by a smart device.
More importantly, the soundbar comes with plenty of connecting systems for easier setup, including an optical cable, HDMI, and an automatic subwoofer connection.
The soundbar is available at a slightly higher price while ensuring enhanced dialogue clarity.
Clear voice mode
The soundbar for the 55 inch TV has a Clear Voice sound mode to let the user experience hear dialogue better since it brings the discussion to the front position.
The soundbar has plenty of connection systems, including an optical cable, and HDMI.
Plus, the soundbar is designed with a wireless subwoofer for flexible and deep bass placement.
Alexa voice control system
This soundbar comes with a built-in Alexa voice control system for an effortless and convenient music experience connected with a smart home device.
- The soundbar has X virtual 3D surround sound.
- Produce clear voices for improved dialogue clarity.
- It comes with a built-in Alexa voice control system.
- A wireless subwoofer is included with the soundbar.
- The soundbar is a bit expensive and doesn’t have an HDMI cable.
How many watts are this soundbar?
200 watts in total
How many speakers come with this soundbar?
The soundbar system includes 7 speakers.
3. LG SL5Y High-Resolution Sound Bar for 55 inch TV
- 2. 1 channel with 400W total power
- DTS virtual: x sound
- High resolution audio (24bit/96kHz)
- Wireless rear speaker ready (available separately)
This LG SL5Y Sound Bar will fit into your home theater setup in both design and audio quality, while being available at a decent price.
The soundbar is designed with high-resolution audio and DTS Virtual: X for an improved quality sound experience.
Apart from these, the soundbar is extremely easy to set up with plenty of processes while producing deep and clear sound.
Produce louder sound
The soundbar can automatically adjust the level of sound to ensure a perfect audio experience whether you are experiencing drama, action movies, or sports.
Along with powerful audio, this soundbar comes with a sleek design to fit perfectly with any interior design and home theater.
Even you can mount the soundbar or display it on the stand.
Improved audio quality
Designed with leading audio processing technology, this soundbar offers impressive sound quality that exceeds CDs.
Even you can enjoy 24-bit/96kHz audio resolution near the original sound.
- The soundbar comes with wireless connectivity.
- Comes with a powerful audio system with a stunning design.
- The soundbar is available at an affordable price.
- The soundbar includes 2 AAA batteries.
- Some users find its bass is a bit weak.
How tall is its subwoofer?
It is 16 inches tall.
What is the Output Wattage of this soundbar?
How To Pick A Good Soundbar?
While picking a good quality soundbar, you should consider the number of channels it has. For optimum quality sound, it’s recommended to buy a soundbar that has a least three channels. Despite the soundbar should have some connection system including Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and HDMI switching. Another key consideration is the soundbar should have its own built-in amp.
What’s The Difference Between A 2.1 And A 5.1 Soundbar?
A 2.1 channel soundbar comes with two channels on both sides. Conversely, the 5.1 channel soundbar comes with three-channel and two speakers at the back. The rear speaker can come in either built-in or external form. However, you should remember that the more channels the soundbar has, the larger a soundbar will be.
Can A Soundbar Work With Any TV?
The soundbar comes with modern technology that lets it work with any TV, but the result varies depending on the generation models. The Soundbar also includes different connection systems, including HDMI cables, optical cables, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth to pair with the TV.
Hopefully, you have learned what size soundbar do you need for a 55-inch tv.
Despite we have reviewed three new soundbars for 55-inch TVs for a better and quicker purchasing experience.
Having the proper compatibility idea, you can pick your 55-inch TV soundbar from a wide choice.