What Size Mirror For 60 Inch Vanity? Top 3 Tips!
We may earn affiliate fees for purchases using our links (at no additional cost to you).
A 60 inch vanity is larger enough to bring aesthetic appeal and additional functionality accompanying with vanity.
But if you are keen to increase the room decor along with the perfect appearance you must know what size mirror for 60 inch vanity.
Apart from it, you will also learn some buying tips for vanity mirrors.
What Size Mirror For 60 Inch Vanity?
For a 60 inch vanity, 56 inches wide mirror is an apprentice choice as it leaves 2 inches of space on both sides of the vanity for adding depth and dimension.
However, the size and shape of the mirror vary depending on the room’s size, decoration, and space.
Some of the right size mirrors for a variety size vanity are:
|Minimum||54||Krugg Large LED Bathroom Vanity Mirror Includes Dimmer & Defogger|
|Medium/Perfect||56||Mirrors & Marble LED Front Rectangular Bathroom Vanity Mirror|
|Maximum||60||TokeShimi Anti-Fog Touch Switch Wall Mounted Smart Mirror|
How to choose the right size mirror for a 60 inch vanity?
Think about width and Height
Getting the right measurement of the height and width of the mirror is crucial as inaccurately sized mirrors negatively impact the room décor.
In general, a 60-inch vanity is a double vanity and has two sinks. So you will have ample choices to install a mirror over the vanity.
Read More: What Size Mirror For 48 Inch Vanity?
A general thumb rule is that the mirror shouldn’t exceed the vanity width.
While many people purchase mirrors that are the same width as the vanity, others prefer to purchase mirrors that are wider than the vanity.
Though both decisions are acceptable, leaving a few inches clean on both sides can add dimension and depth to the user side.
The mirror height for the vanity depends on multiple factors, including the user preference based on the available space and the vanity height as well.
Make sure you leave a minimum of 5 inches between the top of the ceiling and the mirror.
You should also look around for available light fixtures, especially if you don’t want to work on the wiring.
Read More: What Size Mirror For 36 Vanity?
If you’re going to buy a wall-mounted mirror, you should think about whether you want one with extra storage or one that looks great on its own.
The main bathroom and an ensuite generally require some storage for keeping toiletries and daily grooming accessories, though the powder rooms don’t.
If you’re main bathroom or ensuite doesn’t have storage under the sink, choose a bathroom mirror with storage, though you get plenty of wall-mounted mirror options if you have enough storage.
The lighting in the bathroom is also a key deciding factor when it comes to the right size mirror for a 60-inch vanity. The lighting option is available:
- Wall-mounted sconces over the mirror.
- Integrated led lighting in the mirror.
- Wall-mounted sconces on either side of the mirror.
- Or, A single pendant light or two on either side of the mirror.
The configuration of the lights and the mirror greatly determines the dimensions and the shape of the mirror.
If there are scones on either side of the mirror, then the mirror should be taller and more angular.
But if it is scones over the mirror, a wide and rectangular mirror will be a more appropriate choice as it will leave enough room for scones.
Read More: What Size Mirror For 30 Inch Vanity?
The shape of the Mirror
A handful of various types of mirrors are available from which you can choose the right shape based on the available space.
The shape of the mirror ultimately impacts the overall size of its own as well as its placement on the wall.
Let’s look at some of the most famous mirror shapes for vanity mirrors.
It’s the most commonly used mirror shape because of its size and versatile look.
This rectangular mirror can be hung both horizontally and vertically, depending on the user’s style preferences.
For a 60 inch design, the double vanity design is the most suitable choice. You can mount this mirror horizontally across the sinks, but you won’t get the full-body effect.
Another important thing to remember when installing rectangular mirrors is to be more cautious over each sink.
In their rooms, many people prefer angular furniture and cabinetry.
The round mirror will perfectly match such a decoration while adding a nice contrast to the space.
If you have a softer edge in the room, an oval or circular mirror will still complement the design.
You can also consider an oval mirror for a narrower space; this shape can be both horizontally and vertically. It’s better to install a round mirror directly over the sink to ensure it’s centered.
This type of mirror shape is fully symmetrical. For a 60-inch vanity, you should consider a 56-inch tall and 56-inch inches wide square mirror.
If you want to consider the vanity height, you will need a higher ceiling to hold this size mirror.
Another important thing to remember is that you should leave a minimum of 5 inches of room between the ceiling and the top of the mirror.
But square mirrors mainly come in smaller sizes, making them suitable for smaller bathrooms.
This hexagonal mirror comes in more geometric shapes, making it suitable for adding dimension and depth to any space.
You can install this mirror both vertically and horizontally, considering the available space. But horizontal is preferable for installing the mirror over the sink.
Best Mirror For 60 Inch Vanity
1. Krugg Large 54″ X 24″ Vanity Mirror Includes Dimmer & Defogger Lighted
- ✅LED FRONTLIT MIRROR: The Lighted Vanity mirror features LED light that creates bright yet energy-efficient illumination. Our long-lasting LED provides 50,000 hours of use.
- ✅WALL MOUNT BATHROOM MIRROR: The LED bathroom mirror can be installed on the walls horizontally as well as vertically. The dimensions of this vanity mirror are 54″ X 24″.
- ✅DEFOGGING FEATURE: The vanity mirror features an innovative defogger pad behind the mirror that keeps the mirror free from condensation and keeps it clear.
- ✅ON/OFF SENSOR DIMMER: The LED bathroom mirror allows easy control of light levels for the perfect light. Dimming the light saves up to 98 percent of energy.
- ✅PERFECT COLOR RENDERING: Krugg Mirrors only use lights with a CRI of 90 or higher, which are perfect at color rendering and make it suitable for make-up.
2. Mirrors & Marble LED Front-Lighted Bathroom Vanity Mirror For 60 Inch Vanity
- ELEGANT, contemporary, low profile design will be the centerpiece of your bathroom or bedroom remodeling project.
- INDUSTRY EXCLUSIVE two-piece construction. Mirror mounts securely onto separate frame, allowing easiest installation and easy access to electronics components.
- OPTIMIZED LED LIGHTING produces a perfect 6000 Kelvin color to reflect image in natural daylight conditions. 90+ CRI provides best-in class color clarity.
- COMMERCIAL GRADE CONSTRUCTION – anodized aluminum frame + 5mm thick mirror with polished edge. Fog resistant mirror glass is copper-free and comes with lifetime moisture-proof backing.
- ETL-listed for US and Canada, conforms to UL Std. 962, certified to CSA Std. C22.2 No. 250.0.
3. TokeShimi 60×36inch Vanity Make Up Mirror for Bathroom
- ❥【3 COLOR DIMMABLE LED】This LED mirror is dimmable.Press the light button to adjust the light warm(3000K) warm white(4500K) White(6000K).Long press the light button to adjust the brightness of the mirror light.Perfectly for shaving, makeup and other work.
- 【Effective Anti-fog】Turn on the anti-fog button to start the anti-fog function.It need about 5-10 minutes to clear this LED vanity mirror completely(May need more time in Winter).So open this function in advance before you use it.
- 【Memory Touch Button】Both dimmer and anti-fog buttons have memory functions.Next time the bathroom vanity mirror is turned on, it will remain the same as last time turned off.Use wall switches to control the light and defogger can save energy.
- 【High Quality Material】Long lifetime LED: 50,000 hours (Using the LED bathroom mirror 3 hours a day means it will last 45 years). With silvered reflection layer, copper free & environmental friendly. IP54 waterproof rating ensures safe lighting in wet environments.
- 【Packaging & Accessories】Newly packaging protects both the corners and the front and backside. Each mirror is secured with customized thick foam in carton box, which has passed all tests including dropping,impact test etc. Plug and screws included, easy installation.
FAQs About Right Size Mirror For 60 Inch Vanity
What Are The Standard Sizes Of Single And Double Vanities?
The width of the single vanity varies from 36 inches to 48 inches on average. On the other hand, the width of the double vanities ranges from 66 to 70 inches on average.
What Are The Dimensions Of A 60-Inch Vanity?
The single vanity is 60″ wide, 35″ tall, and 23″ deep, and the double vanity is 60″ wide, 35″ tall, and 23″ deep. However, the exact dimensions of the 60-inch vanity can vary depending on the design and material used to make it.
How Much Light Should You Use On A 60 Inch Vanity?
A general rule is, you should choose one that is around 75% of the total width of the mirror. And then hang them about 78″ above the floor, keeping them in the center over the cabinet.
While installing the vanity mirror, make sure you keep it in the center above the sink for a perfect line.
You should also measure between the outer edge and the two sinks of the vanity for accurate centralization.
Apart from that, you already know what size mirror is for a 60 inch vanity.
So, hopefully, choosing the appropriate one won’t be a difficult task, even maintaining shape, style, and size.