What Size Soundbar For 65 Inch TV In 2023?
We may earn affiliate fees for purchases using our links (at no additional cost to you).
The soundbar is a must need device to accompany today’s modern TV whether it is 65 inch or other sizes for the best surround sound.
But if you are conscious about the living room appearance and epic soundtracks you must know what size soundbar for 65 inch TV so you can buy accordingly.
So let’s start with learning what size soundbar you should buy for your 65 inch TV and later you will learn some other helpful tips to consider making the investment worth it.
What Size Soundbar For 65 Inch TV?
You should buy a soundbar between 50 inches to 60 inches for your 65 inch TV. The important thing is to measure the existing space under your 65 inch TV and the height of the soundbar that you are going to purchase. The reason is it will prevent blocking the TV contents.
Some of the best soundbars for 65 inch TV:
Is It Better To Buy The Same Size Soundbar As The TV?
You should buy a soundbar with a speaker that meets the width of the TV.
But the fact is that the advertised size of the TV is measured diagonally from one screen corner to the other without the frame.
So rather than going with the advertised size, measure the TV width manually and then choose a soundbar that matches the result.
Even it’s not compulsory to buy the same size soundbar as the TV.
Read More: What Size TV Stand For 65 Inch TV?
You can choose a soundbar that is a little larger or smaller than the TV. But if the difference is great, the appearance and the experience won’t be the best.
The main reason for buying the same size soundbar as the TV is that it offers a quality hearing experience and feels like the sound is coming from the side of the TV rather than the center.
A larger soundbar is the perfect option for a large TV, as it gives the illusion of surround sound.
Another exciting thing is that larger soundbars are typically more powerful than other smaller sizes.
Read More: What Size Soundbar For 55 Inch TV?
How Powerful Should A Soundbar Be For A 65-Inch TV?
In general, a 65 inch TV has quite a massive screen and offers a great visual experience.
So, finding a soundbar that can offer good quality audio can be pretty hard. The type of soundbar you choose shouldn’t include additional rear speakers.
A 100-watt soundbar will be more than enough for a 65 inch TV, but it should be made of premium audio technologies.
Other features to consider while buying soundbar for 65 inch TV:
Undoubtedly, a soundbar offers better sound quality compared to the internal speakers of the TV.
But when it comes to the best soundbar for 65 inch TVs, it should integrate subwoofers to ensure premium quality sound.
Due to the function, the sound system can also reproduce low-frequency stereo.
Other advantages are that the subwoofers can add rumbling bass to the movies and create an all-inclusive sound through the whole room.
You should upgrade the speaker with the subwoofer, especially if you are an action movie lover, even with epic soundtracks.
The soundbar for the 65 inch TV should support Dolby Atmos, DTS Virtual: X.
These features will still offer a better quality sound even if the soundbar doesn’t include dedicated speakers.
Apart from that, these functions will upgrade the TV speaker impressively and ensure virtual surround sound, resulting in a better audio experience.
No. of channels
A 65 inch TV is mostly suitable for a medium-sized or large living room, and you should opt for a 5.1 or 7.1 soundbar to ensure room-filling audio.
But when it comes to the number of channels, the soundbar should have a 2.1 channel configuration as it can be expanded by adding rear speaker kits or subwoofers.
Along with the sound quality and appearance, the design of the soundbar also matters. The connection options and the build quality are also vital.
Some modern soundbars have an HDMI connection, but you should check the compatibility with the TV before considering it.
For ease of use, you can prefer a voice control system, but don’t avoid a TV control system.
Best Souindbar For 65 Inch TV
1. Polk Audio Signa S3 Ultra-Slim TV Sound Bar and Wireless Subwoofer
- ULTRA-SLIM SOUNDBAR WITH WIRELESS SUBWOOFER – Features 2.1 channel performance-tuned drivers – (2) 1.25” x 4.4”oval mid-range drivers & (2) 1” Tweeters, and the included 5.25” subwoofer delivers INCREDIBLE ROOM-FILLING SOUND WITH DEEP BASS
- POLK’S EXCLUSIVE VOICE ADJUST TECHNOLOGY & Dolby Digital 5.1 Decoding helps maximize sound clarity & reduces voice delays. Hear clear, crisp dialogue of your favorite movies, TV shows and sporting events with three distinct settings
- EXCELLENT SOUND AND VALUE on par with any mid- to high-range sound bars available in the market. At 2″ tall, the Signa S3 fits most spaces — easily wall-mount it or place in front of your TV. It won’t block your TV’s bottom edge or IR remote sensor
- UPGRADE YOUR HOME THEATER SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM – Watch your favorite shows on your 4K and 8K HD Smart TV with exceptional picture quality & clear sound. With numerous connection possibilities, plug in any audio source via HDMI ARC, optical input & 3.5mm audio jack
- WIRELESSLY STREAM MUSIC from your favorite streaming apps like Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, and more from your smartphone, tablet or other compatible devices via Bluetooth, or use Google Chromecast to listen to music over Wi-Fi with your Google Home speaker
- SET UP YOUR SOUND BAR IN MINUTES — the included HDMI and optical cables quickly connect your TV and subwoofer to the sound bar
2. Sony Z9F 3.1ch Sound bar with Dolby Atmos and Wireless Subwoofer
- Ultimate Home Theater Upgrade with 3.1ch Dolby Atmos DTS: X and Vertical Sound Engine
- Seven sound modes for enhanced movies, music, gaming, news and sport
- 4K HDR compatible
- Voice enhancement for greater clarity
- Built-in Wi-Fi and easy BLUETOOTH streaming
- High-resolution Audio capable
- Stream music, online radio, and podcasts from your Amazon connected device directly to your Z9F soundbar. Just ask Alexa.
- Stream and control audio content with your favorite smart devices
- In the box: Remote (RMT-AH400U), Batteries for remote, HDMI Cable, Wall Hanging Bracket (with screws x 2), Wall Mount Template
- Wireless Subwoofer included
3. SAMSUNG 3.1.2ch Q700A Q Series Soundbar
- DOLBY ATMOS / DTS:X – Theater-quality sound that fires from the front, side and above for true audio immersion.
- TRUE 3.1.2CH SOUND – The complete audio entertainment experience with 3 channels, 1 subwoofer and 2 up-firing channels.
- Q-SYMPHONY – Perfectly synchronized, fully immersive QLED TV and soundbar audio.
- SPACEFIT SOUND – Automatically calibrated sound and enhanced clarity to adapt to your space.
- WORKS WITH – Enjoy your Soundbar hands-free using voice control through your Alexa-enabled device.
4. Hisense HS218 2.1ch Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer
- Enjoy Better Tv Sound: Hisense HS218 Sound Bar comes with 4 spearkers and a wireless subwoofer, which gives you a total of 200 Watts superior audio, together with Dolby Audio technology and a professional master-level sound effect tuning. It will upgrade your TV sound instantly.
- Wireless Subwoofer: A dedicated, wireless 80 Watt subwoofer delivers the robust low-end frequencies that punctuate your favorite movies, music, and games, without any messy wires. You’ll feel the “boom” while the two front-facing speakers project bright, clear high- and mid-range frequencies.
- Roku TV Ready: As Roku TV Ready device, the Hisense HS218 Soundbar is fully compatible with any Roku Tv through the HDMI (ARC) connection. You can even use the Roku Tv remote to control both the Tv and soundbar for easier setup and better navigation experience.
- Easy Connectivity: With HDMI (ARC), the Hisense HS218 can connect to your Tv through a single HDMI cable (included), connect wirelessly via Bluetooth to smart device, and control both with one remote. You’ll be enjoying better TV sound in minutes.
- Quick Touch EQ Modes: Get the best audio performance from music, movies, and news with a simple touch of the remote with multiple preset EQ settings.
- Accessories included: Includes the Hisense 218 Sound Bar, HDMI cable, optical cable, and a wall mounting kit to make sure that you have what you need to make the most of your Hisense audio experience right out of the box.
Should I Need An Extra Soundbar With A 4K TV?
Generally, you don’t need a soundbar with your 4K TV. But if there is no option to connect the device, you can consider one, though you have to make sure the soundbar has a 4K pass-through.
What Should Be The Ideal Distance For A 65 Inch 4K TV?
You should sit at least 1.2 meters, or 3.94 feet, away from the 65 inch TV in terms of safety of the eyes and perfect viewing experience.
What Size Soundbar Is Perfect For A 55 Inch TV?
A 55 inch TV has an original width of 48 inches. So you should choose a soundbar with a diameter of 40 to 50 inches. However, it’s acceptable if you get a few inches smaller or larger. But for the best experience, ensure the soundbar covers the base of your TV.
A soundbar is an integrated appliance to build a home theatre system in the living room as well as enjoy a more reliable audio source connected to your 65 inch TV.
Hopefully, now you know what size soundbar for 65 inch TV for enjoying the premium quality sound experience with the most delicate look.
Apart from this, the buying tips we have shared will help you get the most appropriate and worthwhile soundbar for your 65 inch TV.