We may earn affiliate fees for purchases using our links (at no additional cost to you).
If you’re always looking for ways to make travel easier and less stressful. One question that often comes up is what size luggage for 1 week trip.
This article will share tips on how to select luggage for a one-week trip and what size luggage to use. We hope these tips help make your next trip easier.
What Size Luggage For 1 Week Trip?
For a one-week trip, you will need 25″ – 27″ size luggage.
This size bag will fit in the overhead compartment of most commercial airplanes and will hold everything you need for a week-long trip.
When packing for a one-week trip, it is essential to pack light. This will help you avoid overpacking and lugging around a heavy suitcase.
A good rule of thumb is to fill only what you need and nothing more.
Check out the below table to pick the best size luggage for your trip:
|Small Cabin suitcase||45cm / 18inch||32cm / 13inch||18cm / 7inch||30-40l||1-2 days|
|Large Cabin Suitcase||50cm / 20inch||36.5cm /14.4inch||23.4cm / 9.2inch||40-45l||2-3 days|
|X-large Cabin Suitcase||56cm / 22inch||38cm / 15inch||24.5cm / 9.5inch||40-50l||2-4 days|
|Medium Suitcase||60cm / 24inch||43cm / 17inch||26cm / 10.5inch||60-75l||4-7 days|
|Large Suitcase||69cm / 27inch||47cm / 18.5inch||35.5cm / 14inch||100-117l||7-10 days|
|X-Large Suitcase||81cm / 32inch||55.8cm / 22inch||35.5cm / 14inch||120-130l||7-14 days|
How To Measure The Luggage Size
Knowing how to measure your luggage’s size before purchasing it is essential. This will ensure that you get the right size for your needs.
By taking a few measurements, you can be sure to order the perfect size needed for whatever item it is you’re looking to purchase.
To calculate the size of your luggage, you will need to use a tape measure. Keep In mind that you need to measure your luggage’s external and Internal dimensions.
Follow the below instructions to measure your luggage:
How To Measure The External Luggage Size
You will need to use a tape measure to measure the external suitcase size:
- Start by measuring the width of the suitcase. To do this, the measurement from one side of the bag to the other at the widest point.
- Measure the height of the suitcase. You need to measure from the top of the suitcase to the bottom.
- Measure the depth of the bag.
- To do this, measure from the front of the suitcase to the back. When calculating your bag, don’t include the pull-out handle.
Always remember that the measurements referenced are always for the suitcase’s external dimensions.
Because manufacturers are not always prepared to furnish you with the inside dimensions of the luggage, you must measure it yourself.
Now that you have the external dimensions of your luggage, you can move on to measuring the internal dimensions.
How To Measure The Internal Luggage Size
- To complete this project, you will need a measuring tape.
- Place the suitcase on the floor with the zippers fully opened.
- To correctly measure your suitcase for height, use a ruler or measuring tape to get the distance from the top of the bag to the bottom.
- The width is determined by measuring from one edge to the other, edge to edge.
- The depth of a piece of luggage is measured by measuring from the top edge to the bottom.
- Take care to measure all sides of the top. The top is usually smaller than each side.
To get the internal volume of your suitcase, multiply the measurements of its sides and add up the results.
This final number is the volume of your bag. To find the right size of your luggage, you can use the below law:
- Height x Length x Depth = Volume (top)
- Height x Length x Depth = Volume (base)
- Volume (top) + Volume (base) = Suitcase Volume
How To Choose Luggage For 1 Week Trip
There are a few things to consider when choosing luggage for a one-week trip:
As mentioned above, you will need 25″ – 27″ size luggage for a one-week trip.
Because if you’re flying, this size bag will fit in the overhead compartment of most commercial airplanes.
The material of your luggage is also important to consider. You want to choose a durable material that can withstand being thrown around by baggage handlers.
Some suitable materials to consider are polycarbonate, aluminum, or hard-sided nylon.
Selecting a material that is easy to clean in case your luggage gets dirty while traveling is also essential.
When choosing luggage, it is also essential to consider the bag’s weight. You want to choose a bag that is not too heavy so you can easily carry it around.
When choosing luggage, there are also a few features to consider. These include:
- Wheels: Wheels can be beneficial when traveling as they help you easily transport your luggage from one place to another.
- Expandable: An expandable suitcase can be helpful if you plan on doing a lot of shopping while on your trip.
- Lockable: A lockable suitcase can help to keep your belongings safe and secure while traveling.
So, these are a few things to consider when choosing luggage for a one-week trip. Just remember to pack light and only bring what you need.
What Happens If Carry Too Big Size Luggage?
You will be forced to check your bag if your carry-on suitcase is too big and you are not permitted to bring it on the plane.
If you don’t have a checked bag and your ticket allows one, you won’t be charged an additional fee.
However, if your ticket does not include the option of a checked bag, you will be required to pay for it.
Also, too big luggage can cause delays at security checkpoints. Security officers may need to open your bag to screen it properly.
Do yourself a favor by looking up the carry-on restrictions of whichever airline you plan on flying. It’ll save you from any potential headaches down the line.
This is especially important if you’re flying with a local airline that uses smaller aircraft.
The overhead bins on smaller planes are significantly small, and even regular-sized carry-ons often can’t fit.
It’s worth noting that even though your carry-on luggage is somewhat larger than usual, it will frequently get past the cabin.
It’s difficult to say what will happen, partly because it depends on how strict the airline is about following the rule.
Also, it depends on who’s working that day and whether they’re in a good mood.
Tips For Choosing Luggage For 1 Week Trip
When choosing luggage for a 1-week trip, there are a few things you need to take into account. Below are some tips:
- Type of trip: Are you going on a beach vacation? A business trip? Or perhaps a city break? The journey you’re taking will dictate the type of luggage you need. For example, if you’re going on a beach vacation, you’ll need something that can hold all your swimsuits, towels, and sunscreen.
- Amount of stuff you need to bring: This one is pretty self-explanatory. If you’re only going for a few days, you won’t need as much luggage as someone going for a week or more.
- Size of the suitcase: Make sure to consider the suitcase size when choosing one for your trip. You don’t want something too big or too small. You last want to lug around a giant suitcase when you’re only going for a few days.
- Weight of the suitcase: This is especially important if you plan to fly. Make sure to check the weight limit of the airline you’re flying with so you don’t have to pay any extra fees.
Now that you know what to look for, it’s time to start choosing the perfect luggage for your trip. Keep these tips in mind, and you’ll find something that suits your needs.
How Should I Pack For A 7-Day Trip?
This depends on the type of trip you’re taking. If you’re going on a beach vacation, you’ll need to pack things like swimsuits, towels, and sunscreen.
You’ll need to pack things like suits, dress shirts, and ties for a business trip. And for a city break, you might want to pack things like jeans, t-shirts, and sneakers.
Is A 24-Inch Suitcase Too Big For Carry On?
Yes, a 24-inch suitcase is too big for carry-on. The maximum size for carry-on luggage is 22 inches. Anything larger than that will have to be checked. So, if you’re planning on bringing a 24-inch suitcase, you’ll need to check it.
What Is The Best Luggage For A 1 Week Trip?
The best luggage for a 1 week trip depends on your needs. A rolling suitcase might be a good option if you’re looking for something lightweight and easy to carry.
A hard-sided bag might be a better option if you need something more significant and can hold more things. Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide what’s best for your trip.
Packing for a 1-week trip can be daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. Just keep these tips in mind, and you’ll be sure to choose the perfect luggage for your needs.
With the right suitcase, you’ll enjoy your trip without worrying about carrying a heavy piece of luggage.