We may earn affiliate fees for purchases using our links (at no additional cost to you).
Crate size is one of the most important factors to consider when choosing a cage for your beagle. It has a large impact on how comfortable your beagle will be in its cage.
You can buy a small or large crate depending on the size of your beagle and that’s why learning what size crate for a beagle is important.
What Size Crate For Beagle?
A 36-inch dog crate is a perfect size for a beagle. It will give the beagle enough room for rest, sleep, and movement. The perfect dimension of a dog crate for a beagle is 36L x 23W x 25H.
|Small||Best metal wire||30 Inch||MidWest Homes for Pets iCrate|
|Medium||Best plastic crate||36 Inch||Petmate Sky Kennel Pet Carrier|
|Large||Best soft-sided||42 Inch||Amazon Basics Portable Soft Dog Crate|
Right size crate for a Beagle
If you have a plan to keep your beagle in a crate, then you should consider the best size crate for its safety, comfort, and security.
House training a beagle breed isn’t an easy task, but the right size crate, discipline, and patience will lower the difficulty.
So determining the proper size crate for a beagle is a real challenge here., beagles are mid-size dog breeds, and a 36L x 23W x 25H inch dog crate will be a good option.
A dog crate 36 inches long is the best option for a beagle.
Apart from this, if your beagle is 30 lbs, then buy a mid-size crate, while an intermediate-sized crate is preferable for a 50 lb beagle.
Though some pet owners use a 30-inch crate for their beagle, 36 inches is mostly recommended.
If you have a beagle mix, don’t, avoid a smaller crate. Depending on their measurement, you can also buy a crate that is larger than 36 inches.
Thus, it’s better to measure the dog’s length, height, and weight to get the proper fit.
A right-sized crate is something that allows you to stand up the beagle without crouching, turn around comfortably inside of the crate, and lay down completely.
Read More: What Size Crate For Golden Retriever?
What size crate for a Beagle puppy?
Crate training to a beagle puppy is also beneficial. But choosing the right size crate for a pup is challenging as they keep growing.
Hence, you should consider the full-size measurement and choose a crate that is suitable for the adult size.
Use a divider sheet and limit the space inside the crate as required by the beagle’s age.
It will not only ensure enough space for the puppy but also prevent its misuse of the extra space.
Read More: What Size Crate For Goldendoodle?
What Makes A Dog Crate Good For Beagle?
Watching the furry friend playing and sleeping in the crate is delightful. Below are a few advantages to offering a crate to the beagle:
- The crate offers a safe place for the beagles to rest and sleep.
- The crate protects the beagle from other kids and pets in the house.
- A crate allows you to take the beagle with you by car or plane. They stay comfortable in the crate for hours.
- The crate keeps the beagle safe from harm’s way.
Read More: What Size Crate For German Shepherd?
A range of sizes and types of dog crates are available. So you can’t choose a crate for the right-size solution.
Along with the size and type, you can also make your decision by considering the material used to make the crate. Some of them are:
Plastic crates are lightweight and long-lasting. However, these aren’t foldable, so they don’t offer space-saving storage.
Still, plastic crates are suitable for traveling, whether it be in a car or plane.
these dog crates ensure an incredible amount of airflow for the increased visibility of the dog. Thus, they feel secure, making them suitable for house training.
Many metal crates also come with a divider to customize the space inside of the crate, resulting in a perfect one-time investment.
Metal crates are also easy to maintain and don’t absorb the doggie’s odor.
Read More: What Size Crate For French Bulldog?
This is an excellent choice for a crate-trained beagle. Soft-sided crates are lightweight and foldable.
So you can store them in the least convenient place when they aren’t in use.
How To Crate Train The Beagle?
Crate training is a vital step in pet ownership, but it requires some effort and time.
But in the end, crate training is beneficial, especially for safe traveling. Slowly train your beagle to make the whole process pleasant.
Let’s learn how to crate train a beagle properly:
- Firstly, prepare your mindset and keep calm so you don’t punish your dog.
- Determine where or in which room the beagle spends much time and place the crate there. It’s the best way to introduce the crate to the pet.
- Find out how the beagle will feel comfortable with the crate. You can also place some treats and toys in the crate to attract the pet to enter it. Once the beagle enters, close the door of the crate and leave him/her for around 5 minutes to allow him/her to explore.
- If the dog starts barking, let him continue until he becomes tired. Then offer a treat and get him/her out of the crate.
- Decorate the crate to encourage and feel comfortable with the beagle. You can keep a comfortable bed, a cushion, and some puppy toys to attract your pet.
- Get some puppy toys and rotate them frequently so the pet doesn’t get bored in the crate.
- Treat the dog frequently so they can spend time inside of the crate. Keep practicing these tips to make the dog familiar with the crate.
It takes time and patience, your pet will feel comfortable in the crate. A pleasant dog training experience will let you be successful quickly.
Don’t do these things during crate training your beagle:
- Don’t use the crate to punish the beagle.
- Don’t abuse your pet in a crate.
- Pets shouldn’t have harnesses or collars while they are in the crate as it is hazardous for them.
- Don’t pressure the pet to get into the dog crate.
- Don’t consider the dog crate an alternative to walking or training.
Best Crate For Beagle
1. MidWest ICrate 30 Inch Folding Metal Dog Crate
2. Petmate Sky Kennel Pet Carrier Crate
3. Amazon Basics 3-Door Collapsible Soft-Sided Folding Soft Dog Travel Crate Kennel
FAQs About Right Size Beagle Crate
Are Crates Good For The Beagles?
Beagles feel safe in the crate and love to relax and sleep. But the crate should be the right size and the beagle should have house training.
How Much Time Should A Beagle Spend In The Crate?
You should not leave an adult beagle more than 4 to 6 houses in the crate, especially if you aren’t there. Don’t leave the beagle puppy alone for two hours a day. Otherwise, the anxiety will develop and they will become destructive or bark excessively.
What Is The Average Chest Size Of A Beagle?
The chest size of a medium-sized beagle can be 20 to 24 inches, while it can be 22 to 26 inches for a large beagle. Conversely, a small beagle gets an 18 to 21-inch chest size on average.
A right-sized crate for beagles means something that they can claim as their own.
Even while determining what size crate for Beagle, don’t avoid the portability, functionality, and durability of the crate.
Having the best dog crate for the beagle means having one that is comfortable and secure for the beagle’s sleep and rest as well as traveling.
Lastly, crate trains your beagle gently, and over time they will feel happy in the crate.