What Size Mirror For 48 Inch Vanity? Find Out Now!
We may earn affiliate fees for purchases using our links (at no additional cost to you).
Wondering what size mirror is for 48-inch vanity? It’s vital for having a stylish, bright, and illusion of space.
While choosing the right mirror for the bathroom is crucial, the consideration starts with the right size.
Thus following the guide, we have discussed the size range of the mirror for certain vanity briefly along with some other vital considerations.
Plus the guide includes three top vanity mirror reviews that are suited for 48-inch vanity.
What Size Mirror For 48 Inch Vanity?
For a 48 inch vanity, you will need a 42-48 inches wide vanity mirror. A 44-46 inch wide mirror is the standard size for a single person to use while a 48″ width will accommodate two people.
|Minimum||42 inch||PetusHouse 42 X 28 Inch Mirrors ||| Growsun 42” Wall Metal Frame Round Mirror|
|Medium||46 inch||FRALIMK LED 32″ x 44″ Mirror Bathroom ||| Mirrors & Marble 44″x44″ Round Mirror|
|Maximum||48 inch||TETOTE LED Dimmable Anti-Fog Wall Mounted Mirror ||| VGRFM 48 Inch Black Round Mirror|
So when it comes to a mirror for 48 inch vanity, it should be a few inches less than the vanity. Despite the mirror, the size shouldn’t exceed the size of the vanity.
Calculator: Bathroom Mirror Size Calculator
Let’s look at some key considerations that determine the size of the mirror for certain sizes of vanity:
The right-sized mirror to mount over the sink
The size of the mirror is determined by the countertop length of the vanity.
Most expert designers choose 2 to 4 inches thinner than the vanity, which includes the sink, counter, and the nearby area.
Despite this, the bathroom size determines the vanity size.
While designers use double-sink vanities in large master bathrooms, a single vanity is mostly suited for smaller powder rooms.
Apart from these, narrow vanities are perfect for small bathrooms which come with a sink.
Though you can use a mirror of the same length as the vanity or only the sink basin length, it should be centered over the basin and a few inches less than the vanity.
>> What size mirror for entryway hall?
Measure the space
Measure the sink or the whole (or a few inches less) vanities and write it down on a note.
Plus, measure the height of the wall where you desire to hang the vanity mirror.
So if you have a 48 inch vanity, you should use a 48 inch or 42 to 44-inch mirror.
Despite this, you should center the mirror straight over the sink. For a better experience, pick a vanity, then using a matching mirror will be much easier.
>> What size mirror for a pedestal sink?
The height to hang the mirror
Consider the height of the mirror based on the user’s height of the family.
In general, the average height of a man is 5’10” and that of a woman is 5’5, so take this into consideration.
But if most of the members of our family are taller, you have to set the mirror on higher.
Plus, lighting and other decorations are also among the key considerations, like sconces, wall lights, a wall-mounted toothbrush holder, or other shelves.
The shape of the mirror
The mirror comes in different finishes, shapes, and sizes.
For more traditional remodelers, you can use an oval or rectangular style mirror to match the decoration of the bathroom.
Plus, you can pick a built-in and cut-style mirror to fit suitably into the space, especially if you have a molded or tiled bathroom.
Some modern homeowners love to use sleek, designed mirrors with new technologies, like a mirror with the day’s weather forecast or built-in lights.
But if you have a creative personality, you can opt for an ornate shape or funky color to add whimsy and interest to the decoration of the bathroom.
Even if you choose between a frame or a frameless, the second option will give you a sleek look, especially if you don’t like heavy borders.
Lastly, the main consideration is the size and shape you will pick for the mirror to hang above the vanity.
Should the mirror hang over the basin?
In short, no. hanging above the basin is the ideal place for a mirror in terms of pragmatic reasons.
This is the exact place where you may want to see your reflection while brushing or washing your face.
However, it’s not compulsory to hang the mirror over the vanity. For personal preferences, you can get a reflection by hanging the mirror over the basin.
>> What size mirror for a double sink?
Consider Placement and Lighting
The mirror size you will pick should be comfortable with the bathroom’s size and its window placement.
The reason is that the mirror should reflect the most natural light possible for a better image effect.
To maximize the natural light, place the mirror opposite the window, especially if the window is a bit larger.
Conversely, place the mirror over the light if the window is smaller and brings more natural light.
But for a bathroom that doesn’t have a window, picking the right lighting can be trickier.
While larger lights can cause glare, smaller lights can cause squinting while seeing faces. Another important consideration is the bathroom’s color.
White will be the best color to apply as it reflects flattering light more than others.
Whatever color you choose, it should be flattering and affect your look in the mirror.
>> What size mirror for 72″ vanity?
Whatever you use, a larger mirror above a large double vanity, or it is an ornate frame and heavy attaches the mirror securely.
You should use a stud finder to attach mounting brackets to a wood stud in the bathroom wall.
If there are no studs to hang the mirror, you can use EZ anchors that are suitable for mirror weight.
>> What size mirror for a 42 inch vanity?
Best 48 Inch Vanity Bathroom Mirror Review
1. Krugg Large 42 Inch X 24 Inch LED Bathroom Mirror
- ✅LED FRONTLIT MIRROR: The Lighted Vanity mirror features LED light that creates bright yet energy-efficient illumination. Our long-lasting LED provides 50,000 hours of use.
- ✅WALL MOUNT BATHROOM MIRROR: The LED bathroom mirror can be installed on the walls horizontally as well as vertically. The dimensions of this vanity mirror are 42″ X 24″.
- ✅DEFOGGING FEATURE: The vanity mirror features an innovative defogger pad behind the mirror that keeps the mirror free from condensation and keeps it clear.
- ✅ON/OFF SENSOR DIMMER: The LED bathroom mirror allows easy control of light levels for the perfect light. Dimming the light saves up to 98 percent of energy.
- ✅PERFECT COLOR RENDERING: Krugg Mirrors only use lights with a CRI of 90 or higher, which are perfect at color rendering and make it suitable for make-up.
This Krugg Mirror will be the best mirror for your 48-inch vanity that has LED lighting, an acrylic frame, and fits within your budget.
Thus, you will have a versatile and more advanced mirror to get more extra light to get a clear look anytime.
Even this budget-friendly mirror for a 48-inch vanity comes with a 5-year warranty for long-term reliable use.
Designed with an acrylic frame, this bathroom mirror is scratch-resistant and easier to clean.
Thus, you will always have a brand new-looking mirror all the time with unmatched high brightness.
With 42 inches in width, this exclusive mirror will bring a more luxurious look to the bathroom.
This bathroom mirror is made of TAIBO 5MM copper-free glass, which will look very textured and won’t rust while coming at a cheaper price than typical glass.
The vanity mirror is also waterproof and has a long-lasting LED strip.
This bathroom mirror has an on/off button that will let you adjust the brightness whenever desired.
The bathroom glass also comes with hardware but it’s recommended to install the mirror using a professional electrician.
- It has an anti-fog button to clear the bathroom mirror easily.
- It can be mounted both horizontally and vertically.
- The mirror has a dimmable memory touch switch for dimmable function.
- Constructed from 5mm copper.
- Its color temperature is poor while 6k is too blue and doesn’t play well.
Can the mirror’s light be dimmed?
Yes, but not for a long time.
Is the rear of the mirror have a hole?
No, the mirror doesn’t have a hole.
2. Amanti Art Wood Wall Mirror (34.00 x 44.00 in.)
- DIMENSIONS: The overall size of this wall mirror measures 44.00 x 34.00 inches, including the frame. Its reflective area measures 40.00 x 30.00 inches and has a bevel. The mirror works perfectly as a bedroom mirror, office mirror, entryway mirror, vanity mirror, or bathroom mirror.
- 100% REAL WOOD FRAME: You can not mistake the quality of real wood mirrors for your wall decor. The Blanco White 2″ Wood frame is a geometric white frame with a flat face and an angled inner edge with a smooth satin finish. The frame measures 2.323 x 0.963 inches. All Amanti Art wall mirrors are finished with a solid surface backing to ensure stability and prevent moisture and dust buildup.
- HASSLE-FREE HANGING: We make it easy for you to hang this wall-mounted mirror by giving you everything you need. All mirrors have durable hanging wires attached to the back to hang vertically or horizontally, along with a hanging hook and nail. Tap the nail into your selected space and hang it on our included specialty hook.
- ASSEMBLED IN THE USA: Amanti Art custom frames decorative mirrors and assembles each piece to order in Madison, WI. Because our focus is on workmanship, our products are used by architects, developers, designers, and homeowners alike to create beautiful living spaces.
- GREAT WAYS TO USE A WALL MIRROR: Mirrors are an affordable way to decorate your wall while bringing light and space into a room. Adding a x-large mirror can make your space appear larger and more inviting, especially if it is a well-placed foyer or living room mirror. Hang it at eye level or position it so it reflects other home decor elements in the room.
With a 44 inch width, this Amanti Bathroom LED Vanity Mirror is another suitable option that can be considered.
Even the bathroom mirror is available at a lower cost while coming in a unique design.
It’s a vanity backlit mirror that can be mounted vertically on the bathroom wall that has a silvered reflection layer that will add a bright spot to your home decoration.
With an automatic anti-fog design, this bathroom mirror will ensure a clearer view all the time.
It also has waterproof LED belts and an electrically enclosed construction to ensure safe lighting in the soaked bathroom.
The bathroom mirror comes with improved packaging to keep the complete mirror from damage.
The mirror also comes out and passes plenty of tests, including impact tests, dropping tests, and heavy pressure tests. It is also equipped with screws and hardware for easier installation.
This affordable bathroom mirror is made of 4MM copper-free silver that ensures environmental protection. This vanity mirror offers a bright and realistic image for a realistic look.
- This vanity mirror can be mounted vertically
- The LED-backlit mirror has a one-year warranty.
- It’s a 4MM copper-free silver mirror.
- Offer bright and realistic look.
- The back of the vanity mirror isn’t enclosed
How long does the cord come with the bathroom mirror?
Can I mount the vanity wall horizontally?
3. TETOTE 48 x 30 Inch LED Mirror Backlit Bathroom
- ✨【CRI90+ Dimmable Backlit】-Brightness can be adjusted from Daylight to Super bright,CRI 90+ rendering Backlit perfectly for makeup or selfie.The SMART MEMORY always kept the best setting.
- ✨【Anti-Fog】-The anti-fog can be separately control.Turn on before bath always kept the fog away.
- ✨【Perfect bathroom mirror】-U.S Design Environmental Friendly,Copper free HQ Silver coating glass with IP54 waterproof LED ensures 100% safety in wet bathroom.
- ✨【Reliable packing & Easy installation】-TETOTE mirror is secured by reinforce foam box with extra protection.Plug and screws included.Installed with plug or hardwired,horizontal or vertical all by your choice.
- ✨【100% Customer satisfaction】-We value our customer and commit customer service will be respond within 24 hours.100% broken/chipped mirror on arrival replacement or refund guarantee.
If you want a larger, stunning, and stylish bathroom mirror for your 48 inch vanity at a decent price, try this Keonjinn Vanity Makeup Mirror.
The bathroom mirror can be mounted both horizontally and vertically. And covers plenty of features, including adjustable brightness, a wall switch.
If you want to play an auxiliary role in the brightness of the bathroom, this vanity mirror will let you do so using its light button.
With easier to use and adjustment, this customizable option will ensure versatility over the mirror.
The bathroom mirror comes with a unique memory function to let you start the enjoyment from the exact same place where you were the last time.
The mirror can be installed using either hardwired or plugs, but it would be better to apply a wall switch for a better experience.
The mirror has both an anti-fog switch and a power switch to control anti-fog while saving energy.
However, the cleaning process may take up to 10 minutes, but use the function before using the mirror.
- The mirror is made of copper-free materials.
- It has a silver-plated reflective layer.
- Its outside frame and structure can effectively resist corrosion and moisture.
- Comes with customized packaging.
- The direction that comes with the mirror is horrible.
Does the mirror have an auto-off function?
No, you have to touch the function to turn it off.
Is the mirror produce any humming noise?
Not at all.
4. Growsun 42” Large Wall Metal Frame Round Mirror for Washrooms, Living Rooms, Black Frame
- Modern Design – The simple and modern design makes this round mirror able to match any decor, great for living room mirror, bathroom mirror, entrance mirror, vanity mirror and so on. This circular wall mirror will be a charming part of modern home decoration.
- Metal Frame – Use strong iron metal frame as a protective effect to ensure the sturdiness and durability of our round mirror. The metal frame is specially treated and will not fade even after a long time use.
- Premium Mirror – High quality mirror ensures a bright view and real HD image without deformation. Meanwhile, servicing as functional wall art, it can expand your room space visually.
- Easy to Install – Using installation accessories we provided, you can easily mount it on the wall. Our wall-mounted mirror will offer you a simple and fast way to hang it up.
- Sturdy Packing – The round mirror is well packed in thick carton with enough fillings. We have taken action to avoid damage in transit.
- NOTICE: The hanging hardware can hold OVER 100 lbs, do not need worry fall off.
5. Large Circle Mirror 48 Inch Black Round Mirror with Metal Frame
- Modern design: The simple black round mirror perfectly decorates any room and can be matched with any decoration. The hand-polished brushed frame is comfortable and simple, making any wall look elegant. Used as a bathroom mirror, vanity mirror or entrance mirror, living room mirror, etc.
- Advanced mirror: The makeup mirror uses high-quality float glass mirror material to ensure a bright field of view and high-definition images without distortion. This round metal mirror can deceive the eyes to make it look bigger, help light reflect in the room, visually expand the space and act as a functional wall mirror art, add light to any room in your home and immediately enhance the beauty
- Easy to install: The round mirror has a wooden back and a hole end, you don’t need to waste time and effort on installation, because our mirrors can be hung. Our mirror can be placed flat on the wall and fits the wall perfectly
- Sturdy packaging: Each decorative mirror has passed a rigorous 8 point inspection, and the box uses 5 cm polyfoam to protect the mirror from being damaged during transportation.
- Satisfactory shopping experience: We attach great importance to the customer’s shopping experience and are full of confidence in our mirrors. If you have any questions during the shopping process, please feel free to contact us and we will help you within 24 hours.
6. Mirrors & Marble LED Side-Lighted Bathroom Vanity Mirror: 44″ Wide x 44″ Tall
- ELEGANT, contemporary, low profile design will be the centerpiece of your bathroom or bedroom remodeling project.
- INDUSTRY EXCLUSIVE two-piece construction. Mirror mounts securely onto separate frame, allowing easiest installation and easy access to electronics components.
- OPTIMIZED LED LIGHTING produces a perfect 6000 Kelvin color to reflect image in natural daylight conditions. 90+ CRI provides best-in class color clarity.
- COMMERCIAL GRADE CONSTRUCTION – anodized aluminum frame + 5mm thick mirror with polished edge. Fog resistant mirror glass is copper-free and comes with lifetime moisture-proof backing.
- ETL-listed for US and Canada, conforms to UL Std. 962, certified to CSA Std. C22.2 No. 250.0.
FAQs About Right Size Mirror For 48 Inch Vanity
How Big A Mirror Should Be Above Vanity?
As a rule of thumb, a mirror should be a few inches smaller than the vanity sink area.
Why I Shouldn’t Use A Wider Mirror Than Vanity?
The mirror shouldn’t be larger than the vanity as it will look odd. Despite this, the mirror shouldn’t be noticeably distant from the sink if it isn’t much larger.
Are Frameless Mirrors In Style?
A frameless mirror is a trend and a famous option for a bathroom. Another exciting thing is it’s a less expensive option and comes in a stylish appearance.
Even a frameless mirror is easily suited in modern, contemporary, and minimalist spaces without plenty of busy decors.
How wide should a light be for a 48 inch vanity?
There is no definitive answer to this question, as the optimal width for a light fixture placed above a 48-inch vanity will vary depending on the specific dimensions and layout of the vanity itself.
However, as a general rule of thumb, the light fixture should be at least 24 inches wide in order to provide adequate illumination for the entire surface of the vanity.
If possible, it is also advisable to position the light fixture in the center of the vanity so that it evenly illuminates both sides.
What Color Should My 48 Inch Bathroom Mirror Be?
The color of your bathroom mirror should be based on the overall design and color scheme of your bathroom.
If you have a modern bathroom, then a black or white mirror would be a good choice.
If you have a more traditional bathroom, then a gold or silver mirror would be a better option. Ultimately, it is up to you to decide what color will work best in your bathroom.
Hopefully, you have learned what size mirror for 48 inch vanity.
While we have produced extensive information on the size and place and other considerations as well as three top product recommendations, picking the right option won’t be tricky for you.
So simply follow those instructions and check that bathroom mirror to make the right decision.